The Clearview® FOB One Step Faecal Occult Blood Test Device is a rapid test to qualitatively detect low levels of Faecal Occult Blood. The test uses a double antibody sandwich assay to selectively detect Faecal Occult Blood at 50 ng/mL or higher, or 6 μg/g faeces. In addition, unlike guaiac assays, the accuracy of the test is not affected by the diet of the patients. A procedural control indicates that the proper volume of specimen has been added and membrane wicking has occurred.
The Clearview® iFOBT One Step Faecal Occult Blood Test Device is a CE marked and an immunochemical device intended for the qualitative detection of faecal occult blood in human stool by laboratories or physician's offices. The test is specific to human hemoglobin and lower gastrointestinal tract bleeding. Results available in 5 minutes.
- Easy to perform
- Results in 5 minutes
- Relative Sensitivity: 93.6%
- Relative Specificity: 99.1%
- Kit count: 25 test devices and 25 specimen collection tubes
- For professional in vitro diagnostic use only
The American Journal of Gastroenterology; ACG Guidelines for CRC Screening 2008, January 2009 publication (page 3, table 3).
- Simon JB. Occult Blood Screening for Colorectal Carcinoma:
A Critical Review, Gastroenterology, 1985; 88: 820.
- Blebea J, Mcpherson RA. False-Positive Guaiac Testing With Iodine, Arch Pathol Lab Med, 1985;109:437-40.
- Products & Services