Learn how to use the BinaxNOW® RSV test by watching this product demonstration.
Alere BinaxNOW® RSV Card
Alere BinaxNOW® RSV Card is an in vitro rapid immunochromatographic assay used to detect respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) fusion protein antigen in nasal wash and nasopharyngeal (NP) swab specimens from symptomatic patients. It is intended to aid in the diagnosis of RSV infections in patients under the age of 5.
RSV is the most common cause of severe respiratory illness in young children. The Alere BinaxNOW® RSV Card is one of the easiest tests to run on the market today and helps reduce the spread of infection.
- Actionable: Valuable information can be obtained before hospital admission to help control the spread of RSV infections
- Fast: Results available in just 15 minutes
- Easy: Requires no hands-on time
- Reliable: Provides highly accurate results and includes built-in controls
- Convenient: Can be used with either nasal wash or nasopharyngeal swab samples
- Reassuring: Parents can be given critical care instructions before leaving the pediatrician’s office
- Efficient: Can be used alongside Alere BinaxNOW® Influenza A&B Card using the same patient sample
- CPT Codes: 87807QW (waived) and 87807 (moderate)
- Part numbers (22 tests): 430-122 (CLIA Waived), 430-022 (non-waived)
- Part numbers (42 test): 430-000 (non-waived)
- Part number (10 test): 430-100 (CLIA Waived)
- Method: Lateral Flow
- Time to Result: 15 minutes
- Storage: 2 - 30°C
- Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacture
- Retrospective nasal wash Sensitivity: 89% Specificity: 100%
- Prospective NP swab Sensitivity: 93% Specificity 93%
- Sample Type: Nasal wash, Nasopharyngeal swab
- Kit Size: 22/42 tests
- Kit Contents:
- 22/42 Test cards
- 10 Test cards
- Transfer pipettes
- Positive control swab (Inactivated RSV)
- Negative control swab
- Elution Solution and NP patient swabs - only available in the CLIA Waived kits
- Product Insert and Procedural Card
*Data Ohm-Smith 2004
(10 tests): 430-100 (CLIA Waived)
For more information about RSV, please see the CDC.
Contact Technical Support
Contact Client Services
To place an order or inquire about order status, please contact Client Services at 1-877-441-7440 Option 1.
For any patient and/or Health Care Professional inquiries for Alere Home Monitoring services please call the number below:
Patient inquiries - Prompt 3
Clinic inquiries – Prompt 4
Billing and Coding
Easily look up CPT & ICD-9 codes, coverage policies, and state by state Medicare reimbursement information.