Learn how the epoc® Blood Analysis System from Alere works by playing our interactive product demonstration.
epoc® Reader and Host2
The epoc® Reader and Host2 Mobile Computer devices work together to bring you the right result at the right time. The nearly instantaneous delivery of BGEM (blood gases, electrolytes, and metabolites) results at the bedside enables you to make immediate treatment decisions that may lead to improved patient outcomes.
Simply insert the Test Card into the epoc® Reader and obtain a blood sample from the patient. Once fresh blood passes across the biosensors on the epoc® Test Card, results are sent to the epoc® Host2 Mobile Computer. The test result is then communicated instantaneously and wirelessly via Bluetooth® to your EDM, LIS and EMR.
- Auto-scans Test Card Barcode for simplified quality compliance
- Incorporates automated, integrated calibration and quality checks and fully portable; AC/rechargeable battery
- Does not require a committed blood sample for Test Card calibration
- Connects wirelessly and integrates easily with your facility’s existing network
- Delivers accurate, bedside results in about 3 minutes
- Critical result management with electronic documentation
- Integrated 1D (2D-ready) Barcode Scanner
- Easy-to-use Operator/Patient/QC lockouts
- Customizable web-based epoc® Host software and LIS/HIS/EMR connection
- Improve documentation and results management
- 11 Analytes on 1 Test Card: pH, pCO2, pO2, Na+, K+, Ca++, Cl-, Glu, Hct, Lac, and Crea
- Calculated values: cHCO3-, cTCO2, BE(ecf), BE(b), cSO2, cHgb, eGFR, eGFR-a, AGap, and AGapK
- Room temperature test card storage
- Critical result reporting
- Test Card and patient ID barcoding
- Test with 92 μL fresh whole blood
- Operator / EQC lockouts
- Transmit results securely in real time
- epoc® Reader (Incl. Power Supply) - HR-1002-00-00
- epoc® BGEM Test Card (pH, pCO2, pO2, Na+, K, Ca++, Hct, Glu, Lac) - CT-1004-00-00
- epoc® BGEM2 Test Card (pH, pCO2, pO2, Na+, K, Ca++, Hct, Glu, Lac, Crea, Cl-) - CT-1006-00-00
- The epoc® System Product Brochure
- The epoc® System Quick Reference Sheet
- The epoc® System Product Catalog
- The epoc® Summary of Analytic Methods and Performance
- Using the epoc® Point of Care Blood Analysis System Reduces Costs, Improves Operational Efficiencies, and Enhances Patient Care
- epoc® Blood Analysis System Host 2 Quick Start Guide
- epoc® Blood Analysis System Quick User Guide
Need Product Assistance?
Contact Client Services
To place an order or inquire about order status, please contact Client Services at 1-877-441-7440 Option 1.
Billing and Coding
Easily look up CPT & ICD-9 codes, coverage policies, and state by state Medicare reimbursement information.