Alere HemoPoint® H2 Meter
The Alere HemoPoint® H2 Meter provides a fast, reliable measurement of an individual’s hemoglobin level. Hemoglobin testing plays an important role in managing anemia and other red blood cell disorders.
- Fast. Using a single drop of blood, the Alere HemoPoint® H2 System offers accurate results for hemoglobin and an estimated hematocrit level*—in less than a minute. The easy-to-read touch screen displays the current time, battery status and allows for easy operation.
- Advanced. Utilizing proven microcuvette technology, the Alere HemoPoint® H2 System features a proprietary “soft load” cuvette holder to minimize blood contamination of the meter. The hemoglobin result is flagged if it is outside the user-defined limits.
- Easy to Use. The Alere HemoPoint® H2 System’s user-friendly sampling technique minimizes training time and its rechargeable battery makes it completely mobile. Recall the last 4,000 test results with the touch of a button.
- Methodology: Optical absorption photometry
- Principle: Azidemethemoglobin
- Calibration: Factory calibrated
- Sample Type: Capillary, venous, or arterial blood
- Sample Size: 8 μL
- Hematocrit Range: 36–54% (calculated)
- Measuring Range: 0–25.6 g/dL
- Within Run Precision CV: 0.6–0.7%
- Total Precision CV: 1.2–1.5%
- Measuring Time: 10–60s
*Hematocrit result is calculated when hemoglobin result is within 12-18 g/dL
- Please contact for SKU information
- Product Manual
- Alere HemoPoint® H2 Microcuvette - Material Safety Data Sheet
- Alere HemoPoint® H2 Hemoglobin Controls - Material Safety Data Sheet
- Alere HemoPoint® H2 Microcuvette Package Insert
- Alere™ Hemoglobin Controls Package Insert
- Alere HemoPoint® H2 Reference Procedure Comparison Technical Brief
- Alere HemoPoint® H2 Lab Comparisons Technical Brief
Need Product Assistance?
Contact Client Services
To place an order or inquire about order status, please contact Client Services at 1-877-441-7440 Option 1.
For any patient and/or Health Care Professional inquiries for Alere Home Monitoring services please call the number below:
Patient inquiries - Prompt 3
Clinic inquiries – Prompt 4
Billing and Coding
Easily look up CPT & ICD-9 codes, coverage policies, and state by state Medicare reimbursement information.