Learn how the Alere™ Influenza A & B Test works by playing our interactive product demonstration.
Alere™ Influenza A & B Test
The Alere™ Influenza A & B Test is an in-vitro immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of influenza A and B nucleoprotein antigens in nasal swab specimens collected from symptomatic patients. It is intended to aid in the rapid differential diagnosis of influenza A and B viral infections.
The CLIA waived Alere Influenza A & B Test provides timely and accurate Influenza results to ensure your patients receive appropriate care as early as possible.
- Fast: Results available in just 10 minutes
- Reliable: Provides accurate results and includes internal controls
- Easy: Minimal hands-on time, with just a simple nasal swab
- Clear: Provides clear results that are easy to read
- Method: Lateral Flow
- Time to Result: 10 minutes
- Storage: 2 - 30°C
- Sensitivity: Flu A 93.8%; Flu B 77.4%
- Specificity: Flu A 95.8%; Flu B 98%
- CLIA status: Waived
- Sample Type: Nasal swab
- Kit Size: 25 tests
- Kit Contents:
- 25 Test Packs including test strip, coated reaction tube, workstation
- 25 Reagent 1 (R1) vials
- 25 Sterile Nasal Swabs
- Positive control swab (Inactivated Influenza A&B)
- Negative control swab (Inactivated Strep A)
- Product Insert
- Procedure Card
- 412-000 (US)
- Please contact for SKU information (Worldwide)
Need Product Assistance?
Contact Client Services
To place an order or inquire about order status, please contact Client Services at 1-877-441-7440 Option 1.
Click here to learn more about our health support solutions.
For any patient and/or Health Care Professional inquiries for Alere Home Monitoring services please call the number below:
Patient inquiries - Prompt 3
Clinic inquiries – Prompt 4