The following describes the policy and procedure of Alere Inc. as applied to the collection and use of personal information. If you have any requests or queries concerning your personal information please contact us.
1. What personal information do we collect?
a) We collect the information you enter when you complete our forms and use this to follow up on your enquiry.
b) Our website may also automatically record the following information, using a cookie, when you visit our website:
- Browser type, operating system, IP address, country of origin and ISP (Internet Service Provider).
This information is automatically collected and does not require your input. We use it to improve our service and provide you with an optimised website.
What are cookies and which ones do we use?
A cookie is a text only string of information that a website transfers to your computer and is used to improve your experience when visiting our website. Cookies are not viruses and do not allow us to access any of your personal information. The type of cookies we use on the site are Persistent Cookies and Session Cookies.
We may sometimes use a session cookie to help improve your experience of the website. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you log out of the website but are essential to providing the required user experience as you browse the website.
Why are Cookies important?
These anonymous markers allow us to remember who you are, from previous visits, and ensure we can display more relevant information to you during future visits to the site.
3. How will we use this information?
We respect your privacy and will only use your information:
- To log various usage and statistical information about your use of our website
- To administer the website and gather broad demographic information about site users
- To make improvements to our website and, where appropriate, to customise it for you based on the information you have given us.
- To route you to relevant website content based on your country of origin and preference.
4. Web Beacons
This site may use “web beacons.” A web beacon (also known as Internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs) is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an email message used to track when a User views a page or opens a message. We may place web beacons on different pages within Alere Inc. websites or on online advertisements that bring people to our sites. These graphics give our website server information such as your IP address and browser type. We may use this information to see how many times you open a specific page and which information you click on.