- Easy and fast to sample - no speculum required.
- Rapid results.
- Only rapid test clinically validated for all patients with suspected PROM.
- Proven accuracy in several clinical studies.
- Reliable results even in the presence of contaminating substances.
Alere Actim® PROM
The Alere Actim® PROM test is an accurate aid in the diagnosis of suspected Premature Rupture of Membranes.
It is a rapid immunoassay that specifically detects Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein -1 (IGFBP-1). IGFBP-1 accumulates at high concentrations in amniotic fluid. When the membranes are ruptured, IGFBP-1 is detectable in a vaginal swab sample.
Following a simple procedure, a vaginal swab sample is extracted into a buffer. The assay develops and can be read in 5 minutes.
- Clinically proven to be over 95% sensitive in confirming PROM.
- More accurate than pH or ferning for detecting PROM.
- Does not require laboratory equipment.
- Can be stored at room temperature for up to two years from date of manufacture.
|Alere Actim® PROM||Code|