- CLIA waived
- Offers exceptional performance
- Eliminates interpretation and transcription errors
- Gives you the confidence to make clinical decisions sooner
- Facilitates effective patient management
- Enables prompt initiation of infection control measures
- Aids targeted antiviral therapy and Antimicrobial Stewardship
Alere™ i Influenza A & B
Molecular. In minutes.™
The First CLIA Waived Molecular Rapid Flu Test
Alere™ i Influenza A & B delivers molecular flu results in less than 15 minutes on our unique Alere™ i platform; making it significantly faster than other molecular methods and more accurate than conventional rapid tests. Rapid diagnostic tests with increased sensitivity are essential for the reliable detection of influenza A and B and enable immediate, effective treatment decisions.1
- Highly accurate results in 15 minutes
- Specimen types: Nasal Swab and Viral Transport Media (VTM)
- Small footprint enables ease of use at point of care
- Simple operation via visual touchscreen
Alere™ i Influenza A & B vs. PCR2
|Influenza A||94.8% (95% CI: 90.1%, 97.4%)||97.7% (95% CI: 95.9%, 98.7%)|
|Influenza B||98.4% (95% CI: 94.4%, 99.6%)||99.4% (95% CI: 98.3%, 99.8%)|
PPA: Positive Percent Agreement
NPA: Negative Percent Agreement
Alere™ i Influenza A & B vs. Culture2
|Influenza A||97.9%b (95% CI: 92.6%, 99.4%)||86.2%a (95% CI: 82.8%, 89.0%)|
|Influenza B||92.5%d (95% CI: 84.6%, 96.5%)||96.5%c (95% CI: 94.5%, 97.8%)|
a. Flu A nucleic acid was detected in 58/66 False Positive specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
b. Flu A nucleic acid was not detected in 1/2 False Negative specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
c. Flu B nucleic acid was detected in 15/17 False Positive specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
d. Flu B nucleic acid was not detected in 4/6 False Negative specimens using an FDA-cleared molecular test.
|Alere™ i System
|Alere™ i Instrument
|Alere™ i Influenza A & B 24 Test Kit||425-024 (Global)|
|Alere™ i Influenza A & B Control Swab Kit||425-080 (Global & US)|
|Alere™ i Barcode Scanner||OPR2001ZWU1201 (Global & US)|
|Alere™ Universal Printer||55115 (Global)|