First promoted for cardiac risk assessment, Homocysteine now appears to be an accurate frontline indicator for a wide variety of diseases. From miscarriages and neural tube defects to learning disorders in the young, through to increased risk of arteriosclerosis, stroke and dementia, the body of evidence continues to grow1-3. Homocysteine is a highly accurate way to assess current health and predict future well-being.
Axis-Shield Clinical Chemistry Homocysteine
The Axis-Shield Liquid Stable 2-Part Homocysteine Reagent is intended for in vitro quantitative determination of total homocysteine in human serum or plasma. The device can assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients suspected of having hyperhomocysteinemia and homocystinuria.
- The Axis-Shield Liquid Stable 2-Part Homocysteine reagents provide a fast and efficient way to test large numbers of samples on many clinical chemistry instruments.
- Kits are available in 100, 200 and 1000 test formats and are supplied in wedge bottles for simple direct loading onto many platforms.
- Instrument applications are available for platforms from Siemens, Roche, Beckman, Ortho and many others.
- 30-day on-board reagent storage and calibration curve stability on many platforms reduces handling and operator time. Calibrators are included and a control pack is also available.
- Rosenquist TH, Ratashak SA, Selhub J. Homocysteine Induces Congenital Defects of the Heart and Neural Tube: Effect of Folic Acid.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1996;93:15227-15232
- Bostom AG, Silbershatz H, Rosenberg IH, et al. Nonfasting Plasma Total Homocysteine Levels and All-Cause and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality in Elderly Framingham Men and Women. Arch Intern Med 1999;159:1077-1080
- Lipnicki DM et al. Risk factors for late-life cognitive decline and variation with age and sex in the Sydney Memory and Ageing Study. PLoS One 2013 Jun 14;8
- Products & Services