First promoted for cardiac risk assessment, Homocysteine now appears to be an accurate frontline indicator for a wide variety of diseases. From miscarriages and neural tube defects1 to learning disorders in the young, through to increased risk of arteriosclerosis, stroke2 and dementia, the body of evidence continues to grow. Homocysteine is a highly accurate way to assess current health and predict future well-being.
Axis-Shield Homocysteine EIA
The Axis-Shield Homocysteine EIA is intended for the quantitative determination of total homocysteine in human serum or plasma. The device can assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients suspected of having hyperhomocysteinemia and homocystinuria.
- The Homocysteine EIA is a microtitre plate ELISA method.
- Each kit is supplied with a 96-well microtitre plate with breakapart strips and all required reagents, calibrators and controls.
- Readily adaptable to ELISA liquid-handling automates.
- Absorbance is measured at 450nm. CE-marked and 510(k)-cleared.
- Available in 8 languages.
- Rosenquist TH, Ratashak SA, Selhub J. Homocysteine Induces Congenital Defects of the Heart and Neural Tube: Effect of Folic Acid.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1996;93:15227-15232
- Bostom AG, Silbershatz H, Rosenberg IH, et al. Nonfasting Plasma Total Homocysteine Levels and All-Cause and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality in Elderly Framingham Men and Women. Arch Intern Med 1999;159:1077-1080
- Products & Services