- Detects more acute infections
- Helps increase case finding
- Facilitates fast linkage into appropriate care
- Robust to all known circulating subtypes
- Rapid, accurate result in just 20 minutes
- Easy to use – requires minimal training and no expensive lab equipment
Alere™ HIV Combo is now Determine™ HIV Ultra
Introducing the new standard in HIV point of care testing.
By quickly and accurately identifying HIV positive patients earlier, you can increase case finding and facilitate fast and appropriate linkage to care.
The 4th generation Determine™ HIV Ultra test detects more acute infections compared to 2nd and 3rd generation tests. This helps close the window period and enables increased case finding at a time when individuals are highly infectious.
Determine™ HIV Ultra provides accurate results in just 20 minutes and can be run using fingerstick whole blood, venipuncture whole blood or serum/plasma.
Product exclusively available for export to select markets.
Because detecting HIV earlier reduces the risk of onward transmission. Nothing is more important than knowing now.
- Sensitivity* 100% Specificity 99.72%
* Please refer to the Product Insert for the analytical sensitivity of HIV-1 p24 antigen
- Method: Lateral Flow
- Time to results: 20 minutes
- Storage conditions: 2-30°C
- Sample volume: 50µl
- Test shelf life: 18 months
- Sample types: Serum/plasma, fingerstick whole blood and venipuncture whole blood
|Determine™ HIV Ultra||CE-Marked||Non-CE Marked|
|Determine™ HIV Ultra 20 Test Kit||7D2846||7D2842|
|Determine™ HIV Ultra 100 Test Kit||7D2847||7D2843|
|Chase Buffer (for 100 Tests)||7D2243||7D2243|
|Determine™ HIV Controls 4 vials||7D2253||7D2253|
|EDTA Capillary Tubes (100)||7D2222||7D2222|
|EDTA Capillary Tubes – Mylar wrapped (100)||7D2227||7D2227|
|MICROSAFE® Capillary Tubes, 50 μL (100)*||YY1050100*|
*Not available in all countries.