- Does not cross-react with E. dispar detecting only pathogenic E. histolytica 2
- Results in 30 minutes without instrumentation
- More sensitive and specific than microscopy 3
- Simple and clear interpretation of results
E. HISTOLYTICA QUIK CHEK™
Entamoeba histolytica, the cause of amebiasis, is an intestinal parasite estimated to infect 50 million people world-wide. Infected individuals can develop bloody diarrhoea, colitis and liver abscesses and up to 100,000 deaths from amebiasis are estimated annually.1 Amebiasis has also been diagnosed in 12% of travellers returning from the developing world with acute diarrhoea.2 Accurate diagnosis of E. histolytica is very difficult because it is morphologically identical to a non-pathogenic species, Entamoeba dispar. Currently available tests and microscopy cannot differentiate between the two species, often resulting in an inaccurate diagnosis.
The E. HISTOLYTICA QUIK CHEK™ test (developed and manufactured by TECHLAB®) is a rapid test for the qualitative detection of Entamoeba histolytica in fecal samples and targets an adhesin unique to E. histolytica. The test can be used for quick and reliable diagnosis of amebiasis.
- Analytical sensitivity: 0.2 ng/mL 2
- Uses the popular TECHLAB® QUIK CHEK format
- Not for use with stool preservatives
|E. HISTOLYTICA QUIK CHEK||Code|