- Early detection - positive results in as few as 2 minutes, with 99% detected within 3 minutes2
- Negative results in 6 minutes3
- No culture confirmation of negative results
- Nearly 90% fewer false negatives than RADTs† 1,3
- No incubation time or thermocycling required3
- CLIA waived
- Allows for the accurate detection of Group A Strep
- Gives you the confidence to make clinical decisions sooner
- Facilitates effective patient management
- Aids targeted antimicrobial therapy and Antimicrobial Stewardship
Alere™ i Strep A 2 is now ID NOW™ STREP A 2
There is no time like ID NOW.
Now the fastest molecular Strep A test without the need for culture confirmation. Plus a new name.
The CLIA waived ID NOW™ Strep A 2 test provides molecular results in 6 minutes or less on the unique ID NOW™ platform; allowing you to confidently test, and with a positive result, treat, during the patient’s visit.
Faster than other molecular methods and more accurate1 than conventional rapid tests, ID NOW™ Strep A 2 delivers results within an actionable time frame allowing you to make real-time clinical decisions which impact patient care.
- Highly accurate results in 6 minutes or less
- Specimen type: Throat swab
- Simple operation via visual touchscreen
- Connected results direct to your network
ID NOW™ Strep A 2 vs. Culture2
|98.5% (95% CI = 95.6%, 99.5%)a||93.4% (95% CI = 91.4%, 94.9%)b
a. Of the 52 samples positive by ID NOW™ Strep A 2 and negative by bacterial culture, 38 were also positive for Group A Strep by a laboratory developed real-time PCR assay and
b. Of the 3 samples negative by ID NOW™ Strep A 2 and positive by bacterial culture, 1 sample was also negative for Group A Strep by a laboratory developed real-time PCR assay.
|ID NOW™ System||Code|
|ID NOW™ Instrument||NAT-024 (US)|
|ID NOW™ Strep A 2 24 Test Kit||734-000 (Global & US)|
|ID NOW™ Strep A 2 Control Swab Kit||734-080 (Global & US)
|ID NOW™ Barcode Scanner||OPR2001ZWU1201 (Global & US)|
|Universal Printer||55115 (Global)
IDNOWPRINT, formerly alereiprinter (US)