- Extend the reach of viral load testing
- Empower decentralized decision making for better clinical outcomes
- Empower patients to know their viral load
- Educate and engage patients on their treatment
- ART failure, adherence, and switching decisions can be made the same day
- Reduced sample transport costs
- Lost samples, lost results, and patients lost to follow up potentially reduced
m-PIMA™ HIV-1/2 Viral Load Test
Point-of-Care HIV Viral Load in Less Than 70 Minutes, Not Months
Designed to provide actionable results while the patient is still present.
WHO recommends a viral load test at 6 months and 12 months, and annually thereafter if the patient is stable on ART1, but few patients receive that level of care.
- UNAIDS 909090 Goal: 90% of patients on ART virally suppressed by 2020, but only 44% actually are.2
- Approximately 50% of the viral load testing need in low to middle income countries is unmet.2
- By 2021 low to middle income countries will need an estimated 30 million viral load tests.3
The m-PIMA™ HIV-1/2 VL test is now commercially available in select countries. Data has been submitted for CE-IVD marketing and WHO prequalification. This product is not available in the United States.
- Lower limit of quantitation: 800 cp/mL for HIV-1 and HIV-2 RNA (below the WHO cut-off value of <1000 cp/mL)
- Method: Reverse Transcription and Real Time PCR with multiplexing capabilities
- Time to results: less than 70 minutes
- Sample volume: 50 μL
- Sample type: venous EDTA plasma
- Storage conditions: 4-30°C
- Connectivity: enabled
|m-PIMA™ HIV 1/2 Viral Load Test
|m-PIMA™ HIV-1/2 VL Cartridge (IVD)