Since this assay provides a quantitative value of NTx in urine it allows a health care provider to baseline a patient’s bone resorption rate and monitor changes of that rate over time. These results can help determine treatment outcomes to counter bone mass loss that can lead to osteopenia and osteoporosis in appropriate patient populations.
Osteomark® NTx Urine ELISA
Elevated Bone resorption is the primary cause of age related bone loss and low bone mass often results in osteopenia and is the major cause of osteoporosis. Osteomark® NTx measures the cross-linked N-telopeptides of bone type I collagen (NTx). The NTx molecule’s unique amino acid sequence and orientation of the cross-linked alpha-2 (I) N telopeptide is specific to bone. Therefore measuring the levels of NTx helps in monotoring the primary cause of age related bone loss that leads to Osteoporosis.
When life is in your hands, the right information at the right time can help you make the right decisions.
- Second void of morning urine
- No dietary modification required
- No sample pre-treatment required
- Samples with visible blood should be discarded as assay interference may occur
- Samples can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours, refrigerated for up to 72 hours or frozen for longer term storage
- Samples may undergo three freeze / thaw cycles
|Osteomark® NTx Urine ELISA||Code|