- NS1 antigen can be detected in serum from day 1 after onset of fever and up to day 91,2,3. This compares to IgM antibodies that are not detectable until days 3-54,5.
- Powerful combination: When used with the Panbio Dengue Duo cassette, sensitivity is >90%6.
Panbio® Dengue Early Rapid
The Panbio® Dengue Early Rapid is a dengue NS1 antigen immunochromatographic assay. It is for the qualitative detection of NS1 antigen in serum, used as an aid in the clinical laboratory diagnosis of patients with clinical symptoms consistent with dengue fever. The Panbio® Dengue Early Rapid should be used in conjunction with other dengue serology tests.
259 retrospective sera comprising of 100 specimens from patients with no virological or serological evidence of acute or recent dengue and 159 specimens from patients with PCR confirmed dengue, were tested on the Panbio® Dengue Early Rapid at a research centre in Vietnam.
The positive samples were from patients with infections by dengue virus serotypes 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Sensitivity (Dengue Positive) = 113/159 (71.1% )
- Specificity = 96/100 (96.0%)
191 sera comprising of 30 dengue negative samples from patients with a diagnosed alternative illness and 161 samples characterised positive for dengue infection and a combination of all 4 dengue serotypes, were tested by a university in Malaysia on the Panbio® Dengue Early Rapid.
- Sensitivity (Dengue Positive) = 111/161 (68.9%)
- Specificity = 29/30 (96.7%)
|Panbio® Dengue Early Rapid||Code|